Time to round up pictures of a few more finished objects. First up (and most recently finished, of course) is Kiri, posed artfully around one of the miscellaneous pine trees in our back yard.
The finished width is about 72 inches, which means I could have easily stopped one pattern repeat earlier than I did…which of course would have meant I would not have had to break into the third skein of Alpaca Cloud. Ah well.
Next up is the latest finished afghan, made using the basketweave pattern from this sock pattern, with a seed stitch border.
I used 8 skeins of vintage Bernat Berella 4 yarn I got on eBay – so old it only had a number for the color instead of a name. I only wish I was able to find more, because this ended up just barely over 5 feet long, and I would have preferred even just one more skein.
Finally, here’s a picture of something I finished a month or two ago – my Market Bag (pattern from Folk Bags.
I used some of the Lara Endless Summer cotton I bought ages ago and never found a use for. I’d originally bought it to become a summer top, but the way the colors pooled made it look more like camoflauge, which just isn’t my style. For the Market Bag, I doubled the strands, so while I do get a little pooling here and there, I kind of like the way it created those neat diagonal stripes. Plus, double-stranding it means the bag is extra sturdy. I’ve been using this to cart around knitting projects, but I could also see tossing this in my car to take with me on a grocery run one of these days.