One of these days I will get around to uploading pictures from my camera and actually posting them here. No, really. I swear it.
In the meantime, however, just so you all don’t think the stash swallowed me in my sleep, here’s the latest, in no particular order.
- Finished – one pair of socks for Richard (in some kind of Lana Grossa Meilenweit something or other that’s green and blue).
- On the needles – one pair of Jaywalkers in the Opal Dokterfish color (shamelessly copying Frances because hers turned out so pretty).
- Assimilated – my younger sister and my six-year-old niece. I taught them both how to knit while we were up visiting them the other weekend. My niece cheered for each stitch and was easily distracted by other things. My little sister picked it up immediately and I had her doing basketweave in no time. Ha ha, our plan to take over the world one knitter at a time continues apace.
- Arrived – the dragon shawl pattern. Yarns have been pondered, but I am going to take my time figuring out what to use.
- Purchased – alpaca yarn, and lots of it. While visiting my sister, we went to a farm where they had alpaca, and some laceweight just happened to wrestle me to the ground and force me to buy it. Some soft, chunky yarn also came home with me, but that is because my little sister bought it and asked me to make her a scarf (this was before I taught her to knit, by the way).
Not yet felted – the hedgehog, which, despite being made of extremely feltable wool, refuses to reduce in size at all, despite having been run repeatedly through the washer and dryer on hot. The hedgehog is currently on time out until such time as it decides to behave.
- Updated – the sidebar on my main page (Hint – check under the My Patterns section)