Look what arrived in the mail yesterday afternoon!
My Secret Pal somehow knew the exact size needles that work for the guage I needed for my socks, and sent me a set of bamboo DPNs. Plus there is a a bag of catnip seeds (now I must find somewhere I can grow them where they won’t be….uh…pruned as soon as they sprout. Rosie, I’m looking at you)), a bar of yummy handmade soap, a skein of gorgeous Noro and the cutest little coin purse full of tea bags!
And speaking of DPNs, I finished my socks.
I actually ended up ripping out the toe of the first sock to make it just a teeny bit longer, and it’s obvious that I need to do some serious practice in my grafting skills for the toe seams, but for my very first pair I quite proud of myself. I’ve been wearing them all evening and they are quite comfy.
It is entirely possible that this afternoon I was poking around on Elann.com looking at sock yarn. Not, mind you, that I should be even considering buying more yarn. So I’m not going to admit to anything. Besides, even though I might have put some into my shopping cart, I didn’t actually place an order. Yet. But don’t think I wasn’t really, really, really tempted.
Notes for myself on the socks: I used Cherry Tree Hill Supersock in Moody Blues (it’s superwash wool) and size 4 needles. This is the first project where I actually met row guage, which was about 10 rows per inch, so the body of the sock was 60 rows (10 of those were ribbed), a 28 row reinforced heel flap, and 40 rows between heel and when I started to decrease for the toes.