I would like to point out that it is extremely difficult to graft two pieces of sweater together when you have a certain usually well-behaved torttoiseshell cat ‘helping.
However, despite Rosemary’s best efforts (which mainly involved sitting on it, and trying to catch the yarn every time I moved the needle), I did get front and back attached at the shoulders, and I cast on and completed the neck.
The light is poor enough in these pictures to make the color look a lot greener than it is, but at least the collar shows up quite well. It’s just ribbing with some stockinette on the top to make it curl. It’s kind of cute, if a little floppy on one side. Nothing a few well-placed stitches can’t fix later, though, I’m sure.